***An updated version of CS 2 will be updated in Fall 2017***
SFUSD Course 2 (CS 2), focuses on teaching computer science concepts and mobile app development using the App Inventor platform.
The Curriculum has 5 units and Final Design Project. Each lesson is intended to be taught during 50 minute class session. There are 9, 12, 18 and 36 week iterations of this course.
- “I Have a Dream”: plays speeches by Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X
- Soundboard: your first creative app that plays sounds of any kind
In Unit 2, students design and build a drawing app that simulates finger painting. Users will dip their fingers into virtual paint pots of different colors and drag their fingers on the screen to paint on top of photos.
- Android Mash: a simple game similar to Whack-a-Mole, where you have to touch a sprite quickly before it disappears
- Pong: a classic arcade game similar to ping pong (table tennis), where a user moves a paddle to hit a ball
- Mushroom Mash: Use Mario to catch the Mushroom and avoid villains.
- Magic Eight Ball: magic App answers the questions you ask it
- Slideshow: allows user to scroll through a photo album
- Quiz App: tests users knowledge and gives them feedback on their answers
Source and Attributions: All Images, Text and Content Created by the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) Computer Science team: CSinSF.org